Eco-Kare provides full service in three main areas
- Planning for,
- and Monitoring road mitigation solutions for maintaining ecological processes
Specifically, measures that lessen impacts of roads on natural heritage, wildlife, hydrology and wildlife processes.
Eco-Kare is well-connected
Eco-Kare works with government agencies at all levels
- Federal level, eg Parks Canada
- Provincial level, eg Ontario Ministry of Transportation and Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
- Municipal level, eg Regional Municipality of Waterloo, City of Peterborough
Eco-Kare works with partners at all levels of conservation
- Conservation Authorities, eg Ausable-Bayfield Conservation
- Non-Government Agencies, eg Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society
- Academic Institutions, eg Queen’s University
Eco-Kare works with corporations
- Animex Fencing for supply, design and implementation of wildlife exclusion fencing
- ACO Wildlife for supply, and implementation of wildlife crossing structures and fencing for smaller animals
- Royal Fence for implementation of fencing solutions
Eco-Kare consults with companies and experts
- Engineering and environmental consulting companies, eg Parsons, Morrison Hershfield and S Burnett & Associates for design and implementation of crossing structures
- Herpetology experts such as Seburn Ecological Services, Dr Tom Langton and Dr Fred Schueler
Eco-Kare works in the United States, partnering with
- Researcher Dr Patricia Cramer for several state-level Department of Transportation (DOTs), eg South Dakota, Montana and Idaho
- Researcher Dr Marcel Huijser from the Western Transportation Institute for the Fish and Wildlife Service (see (See photos from turtle research in Valentine, Nebraska)
- Companies such as Eco-Resolutions
Eco-Kare attends and presents at regular International Transportation Conferences
- Click here to see upcoming agenda and presentation at 2017 ICOET conference
Eco-Kare is well-resourced
- In-house library of over 2,880 articles, peer-reviewed papers and technical papers catalogued in a digital library
- In-house Geographic Information System software and associated tools and extensions
- In-house geospatial library of large-scale and site-specific layers for Ontario and other areas of North America
- Proficient use of statistical software packages including writing scripts in R and R-Commander
- Over 9,000 photos relevant to road ecology
- In-house expertise equating to 24 years of experience in road ecology
- Well-established contact list of hundreds of qualified and credible practitioners in academia, government, non-government and consulting that work in the field of road ecology.
Each of Eco-Kare’s services is adaptable and flexible to meet your jurisdictional needs.
Click here to see how Eco-Kare will prioritize where and what road mitigation should be implemented at both a regional and site-specific scale.
Click here to see how Eco-Kare will design and oversee installation of functioning and integrated mitigation systems (exclusionary fencing and crossing structure systems) for amphibians, reptiles and large animals.
Click here to see how Eco-Kare will design and provide wildlife monitoring services for amphibians, reptiles and large animals at wildlife crossing structures and other mitigation measures.