A must have for students, professionals, road maintenance personnel, and citizen scientists interested in road ecology
Bookmark this page or see Wildlife on Roads on Facebook for regular updates
The Wildlife On Roads iNaturalist Repository is now live — take part!
Eco-Kare would like to thank our sponsors, illustrator and designers, our printer First Choice Books, and our reviewers and photographers
- Our new online store is open! CLICK HERE to purchase your copies
The cost of a full-colour book (80# silk paper; 232 pages, ~130 colour photos) is $29.95 CAD (~$22.62 US).
- Mail-outs will then be completed the first week in March in time for the upcoming field season!
- A literature review piece outlining the impacts of roads on amphibians, turtles, squamates, mammals and birds with tips for collecting on-road information
- Followed by species essays of diagnostic features relevant to road-killed animals as well as information as to why specific species may be found alive or dead-on-roads
- A concluding chapter on citizen science data collection and management, with details on collecting location and photo information for upload into on-line databases such as iNaturalist
- 12 relevant case studies on on-road citizen science projects and mitigation solutions in Ontario
- 140 photos relevant to key diagnostic features of species and/or to illustrate animals as observed on roads
- 12 illustrations comparing and contrasting key diagnostic features by species and taxa by Aleta Karstad: an award-winning Canadian nature artist (see Robert Bateman Award here)
- A customized data sheet with fields for citizen science on-road data collection along with link to an iNaturalist database for upload of observations in Ontario
- Field and on-line resource section for each relevant taxa
- 142 references sorted by each relevant taxa
- 5 page glossary of terms relevant to wildlife on roads data collection
- Index of species with provincial (Ontario) and federal (Canada) conservation status